#RPGADAY: Coolest Looking RPG Product/Book

Now that I've got all my games unpacked and shelved, I was able to actually mull through everything I own instead of just going off of memory.

This was good because I'd almost forgotten about both Deathwatch (as well as Black Crusade) and CthulhuTech.

I'd initially considered going with Death Watch, partially because I'm a huge fan of Warhammer 40,000 and it's general look, partially because I'd just started replaying Dawn of War II after several years...

...but then I cracked them both open to compare their innards, and realized that Deathwatch didn't have a lot in the way of interior art, at least not as much or as memorable compared to what CthuluTech features.


Now I've never played either game, and probably will never get a chance to, so I can't speak for the gameplay or mechanics. The best I can recall from CthuluTech is that it's Cthulhu-meets-giant-robots, which is totally fine by me since I fucking love Lovecraftian horrors (more than Warhammer stuffs), and mechs can be pretty cool, too.

So my vote goes to CthulhuTech. Maybe I'll rope Melissa into playing it...right after 13th Age and some more 4th Edition Dungeons & Dragons.

Fright Night Kickstarter Announcement
It took awhile, but after giving Amazon my complete change of address form (which showed my previous address, current address, and the very date I moved), a fax of my bank statement sent directly from my bank (which might have revealed some sensitive account information), and a variety of limbs, organs, and fluids, our Fright Night Kickstarter is finally a go.

If you've been paying attention to our play reports and game design posts, like what you've seen, and have the scratch to support us, then head on over: even a buck nets you a bare bones version of the game.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.