RPGaDay2015: Days 1 & 2

I skipped out on Day 1, mostly because I was out most of the day, partially because there really aren't any games I'm particularly looking forward to. At least on the RPG scene: video and board games are another story.

I mean, I'm looking forward to getting my next three games done (game-games, not A Sundered World, which is more of a campaign setting for Dungeon World anyway), but they're still a few months out, and I think the "spirit" of this thing is to talk about someone else's stuff.

So, moving along to Day 2. This is likewise tricky as—again not counting board games (less so video games)—I haven't really been particularly pleased with any role-playing game product I've backed: Inverse World was a laughable failure on every conceivable metric, and I'm still waiting on Pirate World, which like Primeval Thule and Servants of the Cinder Queen I keep forgetting even exists.

I suppose ultimately the game I've been most pleased with is Numenera. That is not to say that I'm especially pleased with it: I don't think the "cypher system" or setting is anything noteworthy, but at least I can say that I've actually used and remember it. I just wish everything about the setting had been more imaginative.

Announcements
DriveThruRPG is running their Christmas in July sale. During this time (which is another few days), everything in our store is 25% off.

We just released The Headhunter: kill your enemies and take their heads, using them to fuel your strange, gruesome magic. We're working on The Rakshasa (which is nearly done: just gotta do the cover art), followed by another class that's getting close to being revealed.

Lichfield is available for public consumption. If you want a concise adventure with a Silent Hill feel, be sure to check it out! Primordial Machine is also out, so if you want to catch a glimpse of A Sundered World, now's your chance!

The Dungeon World GM Screen is currently available in pdf and landscape insert formats. No matter which you choose, you get eight sets of pdfs that let you have access to the screen in both landscape and portrait orientation, in color or black and white, and with or without art.

We're waiting on the portrait inserts. Assuming they look good, they'll be available soon. They're now available.

Next up, mini screen!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.